A new way to shop
We aim to inspire a more conscious approach to shopping by offering you sustainable fashion choices and creating a circular fashion movement in our markets. We have created Earth Edit to make it easier for you to shop from a selection of products and brands meeting our carefully defined sustainability criteria, including: Pre-Loved, Sustainable Materials, Eco-Production, Fair Production, Animal friendly, Community engagement. With Earth Edit, we aim to provide you with the largest assortment of styles, while making thoughtful shopping easier, accessible, and more transparent.
Discover more on this page - The journey starts here!
Earth Edit Ranges
WHY EARTH EDIT?
The social and environmental impacts of fashion is a common concern that ZALORA shares with its customers.
With Earth Edit, we aim to provide you with the largest assortment of sustainable choices of styles, while making thoughtful shopping easier, accessible, and more transparent.
We actively choose and support brands who are committed to engaging in the sustainability journey with us, by providing them with additional visibility through our Earth Edit selection - thereby hopefully creating more demand for sustainable products.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE EARTH EDIT CRITERIA?
We aim to inspire our customers to make sustainable fashion choices and to join us in creating a Sustainable Fashion Movement. To do that we need to win your trust. So, we are committed to ensuring transparency and verification of every sustainability claim made on our platform.
We have defined a set of specific sustainability criteria for our Earth Edit range, including, Sustainable Materials, Eco-Production, Fair Production, Animal friendly, and Community engagement.
This provides a common framework and a consistent way to define and verify sustainable attributes across all products and brands, and across all our markets.
Our list of sustainable criteria will grow and evolve overtime as we seek to inspire you and our brand partners to join us on our sustainability journey and a more conscious approach to fashion.
Learn more about ZALORA sustainability commitments on our Strategy Sustainability page.
WHAT ARE OUR SELECTION CRITERIA?
Fashion items incorporate :
- Recycled fibers such as recycled polyester, nylon, polyamide, lycra, elastane, wool (> 75%) or recycled cotton (>40%)
- NNatural fibers such as Tencel™, Lyocell, linen, hemp, or jute (> 75%)
- Organic certified cotton (> 75%)
- FSC certified materials (> 75%)
- Responsible Wool Standard certified wool (> 75%)
- Leather Working Group certified leather
- Vegetable tanned leather
- Renewed or upcycled materials
Beauty products are :
- Organic certified
- Made of natural or biodegradable ingredients (>75%)
- Fashion items are certified free of harmful materials, holding either a Oeko-Tex ® or a Bluesign® certificate.
- Beauty products are EU-Ecolabel certified.
They are purpose driven businesses :
- B-Corp® certified
- Not for Profit organization
Or committed to give back through donations schemes
- Brand donates 1% or more of its profit to charity
- Brand makes charity donations associated with purchase.
Fashion items are :
- Made of non-mulesed wool
- Responsible Down Standard certified
- Vegan certified
Beauty products are animal testing free certified
- Fashion items are FairTrade® certified
- Jewellery items are Responsible Jewellery Council certified.